• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

SPODDING IN THE SEA?

Alan..128

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just an idea, could you spod out chicken of cuts to attract fish in the sea? Would it work?
Will Salt water fish eat pellets?
Thanks

I see little harm in trying.
I'll often pre bait an area over low and fish over it as the tide floods in.

yeah could be worth a go if done properly . wouldnt overfeed just trickle it bit by bit mixed with sand or pebbles to give extra weight for casting

Here's one I read earlier.

After watching a few carp fishing programmes on tv I used a spod filled with squid and mackerel chunks to form a scent trail on a skate and ray mark in the western isles. It worked ok on the relatively shallow mark where the tide wasn't too strong. I don't know if it did any good but it certainly didn't do any harm and I caught plenty of fish.

I tried a different approach and froze minced fish and old worms in egg carton depressions with ounce weights embedded in them. I used them for fishing close in for rockling etc in club matches but didn't notice much effect on catch rate; it was a bit of a job keeping them frozen until use.
I tried alternating red and yellow boilies instead of attractor beads when boat fishing, big pouting loved them but that wasn't the aim.

The Spanish use chicken skin when fishing so it works well enough.

I have used drilled halibut pellets when boat fishing on charters outof Liverpool, whiting loved them, decent sized ones as well.

Dave

Back