• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

No tackle shops in Falmouth ?

seaview at faraday mill has also shut. shame, he was my closest.
Wow, I didn't know that Eves. Only went in there a couple of times, and they seemed to be more towards LRF & Lure fishing, but sad to see another one go.

South West Sea baits were a good store for bait, but they have moved from the bottom of Southway into a unit in the Fish market at Sutton Harbour. Someone did say you can drive in there and collect bait with a 20 minute free stay, but it's private ground and covered by ANPR cameras so haven't been in yet as don't want to get clobbered with a parking ticket.

parking there can be difficult, but there is no issue parking in any space. you have to watch the time because the 20mins time limit is for 24 hrs. so no return or the clock restarts.

Hey Dave (@The Third Earl), just looking for something unrelated on eBya, and this came up. Rather than link to eBay, this is their website.
Called Bev, based in Helston in case you fancy a look before you head home. Phone numbers etc on the 'contacts' page:

I'm waiting on a reply from the Morrisons customer helpline. I don't want to order online. I know someone who works in the big freezer depot in Bridgwater so I might try them.
Thinking on, I can only remember buying them in summer. Maybe a summer only line

Out of curiosity, I logged into Morrisons here and checked again.
No mention of being out of stock, and on offer at 3 for £10.

I was hoping to find them in store, I don't want an account or to pay a delivery charge just for a 3 packs.
I agree. I only logged in to check, as it goes to my local store.

Doesn't seem to be much about in Falmouth Dave. I've never seen bait at Trago anyway. I think there are still some tackle shops in the Camborne/Redruth area, but probably a bit far down for you. Your best bet might be Razor from Morrisons. Can't help with Crabs!
Morrisons stores in Newquay, Bodmin & Liskeard.

EDIT: Looks Lke Jims have got a store in Bodmin too, plus Redruth, Camborne & Penzance. Not sure if they do bait but might be worth a call.
I've bought tackle online from them before and had good service.

Don't know why, but Jim's in Bodmin has not come up during my searches. Frequently in Bodmin area so will go say hello. Given where I am, with sea all around, it's a bit depressing that angling shops have closed. When the fishing spark fired, immediately went to where the Truro tackle shop was - gone!

Out of curiosity, I logged into Morrisons here and checked again.
No mention of being out of stock, and on offer at 3 for £10.
Went into our big Morrisons this afternoon, and they had a separate fridge near the fishmonger's counter with loads of shellfish on offer.
As above, Lots of Razor Clams in there, 3 for £10.
Lots of big Mackerel reduced too - put some in our freezer for eating, or bait.

1715878117478.jpeg

Don't know why, but Jim's in Bodmin has not come up during my searches. Frequently in Bodmin area so will go say hello. Given where I am, with sea all around, it's a bit depressing that angling shops have closed. When the fishing spark fired, immediately went to where the Truro tackle shop was - gone!
Might be an idea to google them first and perhaps ring them. Some stores I've looked at recently have been online only.

Back