• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

No tackle shops in Falmouth ?

Went into our big Morrisons this afternoon, and they had a separate fridge near the fishmonger's counter with loads of shellfish on offer.
As above, Lots of Razor Clams in there, 3 for £10.
Lots of big Mackerel reduced too - put some in our freezer for eating, or bait.

View attachment 64232
Razor clams @ £10 for three !! Never eaten one and @ that sort of price I probably never will - or use for bait unless self-harvested!

Also, having mentioned that Southwest Sea Baits (who were excellent) had moved into a unit as part of the commercial fish market, worrying local news says that the company that runs the market and the online fish auctions are ceasing to trade as from tomorrow. Nobody knows what is happening, or whether somebody else will take over the company, so Southwest Sea Baits could find themselves homeless.

Not good news for all concerned.

Razor clams @ £10 for three !! Never eaten one and @ that sort of price I probably never will - or use for bait unless self-harvested!
Plonker!!
£10 for 3x 400gm boxes, so 1.2Kgs in total, or 42oz in old money!
Applied to all of the shellfish in the fridge. Didn't note the price if you only wanted 1 box.

Plonker!!
Applied to all of the shellfish in the fridge. Didn't note the price if you only wanted 1 box.
Plonker!!
You said "Plonker!!" - I have a long memory, almost certainly longer than your razors' fridge 'life' !

Last edited:
Plonker!!
They never seem to have it in our nearest one, which isn’t that close, but I must try and look

They never seem to have it in our nearest one, which isn’t that close, but I must try and look
Has your store got a fishmonger? That I think makes a difference. The 3 packs for £10 offer probably won't be on for long either.

Morrisons have been selling the the
3 pack deal for a few years now . I did buy 3 boxes of their razor some time ago and chucked them in my freezer ,ideal as a standby bait as re freezing does not seem to reduce their effectiveness at all .
I have had Bass, Whiting, Codling , Doggies and flats using them .
None left now but when I see some more I will stock up . They do appear fairly regularly but sell out pretty quickly.

Dave

,ideal as a standby bait as re freezing does not seem to reduce their effectiveness at all .
Always best to take out of the freezer a day or so before you intend fishing as they go off and are more effective.Same as after a blow and they become a wash up.

They do but it’s not one I can just pop to, it’s up to 45 mins away depending on traffic
We've got one just over a mile away, but it's a smaller store and always difficult to park, so we usually use the big one out at Plymstock which is 3.4 miles away as the old Crow flies! Good store, especially on Saturdays - 20% off Steaks with a more card! 😉😉👍👍

Always best to take out of the freezer a day or so before you intend fishing as they go off and are more effective.Same as after a blow and they become a wash up.
Depends what you are fishing for, both bream and plaice want them as fresh as possible, bass, cod and flounder on the other hand aren't that fussy

We've got one just over a mile away, but it's a smaller store and always difficult to park, so we usually use the big one out at Plymstock which is 3.4 miles away as the old Crow flies! Good store, especially on Saturdays - 20% off Steaks with a more card! 😉😉👍👍
Ha, a minimum of about eight miles for me for any supermarket, and that’s a smaller one

I also get my raw prawn there. £10 for 3 boxes.

However, looked today and they don't have any at the mo, just as well as I have abandoned a trip to the skerries due to the thunderstorms forecast, generally when they are forecast they never happen, but not worth the risk for me in an open boat with carbon rods stored vertically :rolleyes:

At Morrisons, you guys need to look for a small square standalone freezer, normally near the fish counter, it is easy to miss.

Back