• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Breakwater Brixham

bananas

Reaction score
With the forecast of light cloud and winds dropping thought id have a dangle with the light stuff at the breakwater, but they lied, was blowing a good urn when I arrived and didnt drop to much at all, was hard to fish at the first spot I tried so walked up to the jetty where I had some protection from the wind there.
Took a bit a time to get my first bite, which was a small Ballan but then things warmed up a bit when I found where they was all hiding and was managing a nice stream of Ballans and Corkwings, but something small was niggling the bait so drop hook size to a 20 and had the culprit, Pollock.
Swapped about again to a 1grm size 10 jighead and was back to the Ballans and Corkwings, only a few sizeable came out but the fight from some the smaller ones on my light gear put the bigger ones to shame. Tried for a macky on the walk back to the carpark, no takers still.
While I was fishing I was joined by one the top fish takers from the harbour.
IMG_20210622_155343.jpg
Soon as he landed he was whipping fish out, tho did give me a right look when one of the bigger Wrasse came out and I threw it back in!

Nice one Bob! Seemed like a good expedition - shame the Mackerel don't seem to have arrived in any numbers yet! I chuckled at your bird companion - watched a video of somebody on a Kayak this morning - he was throwing out a cast net for bait and as he emptied it, there were 3 Egrets trying to grab the fish that missed the bait pot from between his legs!

Following on from our chat at Beesands about seatbox trays, they don't fit. I'll send you a PM at some point with some pics.

Back