• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Transducer Location

Steveh24

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
I have a boat with an inboard shaft drive engine and I currently have a Navman Fish Finder with the transducer mounted to the edge of the transom on the starboard side, I also have a Lowrance Elite 7 and the transducer for this is mounted at the bottom of the engine bay on top of the hull, both devices are 50/200 Khz frequency, but the scanning side of the Elite is not very good because I suspect the hull is to thick for a decent signal.

I have recently bought a Lowrance Hook Reveal 9 with a Tripleshot Transducer, but want to to mount it on the transom, how far away do I have to be so it doesn't interfere with the Navman Fish Finder, could I even mount it on the Port side or would the wash from the prop interfere with the signal, could I mount the new Lowrance Transducer towards the centre of the boat

1714318331235.png

I have a boat with an inboard shaft drive engine and I currently have a Navman Fish Finder with the transducer mounted to the edge of the transom on the starboard side, I also have a Lowrance Elite 7 and the transducer for this is mounted at the bottom of the engine bay on top of the hull, both devices are 50/200 Khz frequency, but the scanning side of the Elite is not very good because I suspect the hull is to thick for a decent signal.

I have recently bought a Lowrance Hook Reveal 9 with a Tripleshot Transducer, but want to to mount it on the transom, how far away do I have to be so it doesn't interfere with the Navman Fish Finder, could I even mount it on the Port side or would the wash from the prop interfere with the signal, could I mount the new Lowrance Transducer towards the centre of the boat

View attachment 63012
Not much help but went through similar trials and tribulations and some expense some years back but would do the obvious and go back to maker and explain problem, from memory mine was trial and error after going round in circles but you may get lucky first go. Well worth the pain though to get it spot-on but does not seem so at the time.
Fitting the de-cloaking device is the real challenge though👍

Back